Opportunity: Promo banners for Kdenlive and Krita

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Mar 7 19:08:12 GMT 2018

On Wednesday, 7 March 2018 20:02:19 CET Paul Brown wrote:
> On miƩrcoles, 7 de marzo de 2018 18:56:55 (CET) Jean-Baptiste Mardelle
wrote:
> > On 05.03.2018 00:22, Ivana Isadora Devcic wrote:
> > > Hi everybody,
> > >
> > > hope you're having a great day! :)
> > >
> > > Ryan from Inkscape shared this on Twitter - he made some seriously
> > > cool banners for GIMP and Inkscape, and offered to make them for
> > > Kdenlive and Krita, among others:
> > >
> > > https://twitter.com/ryangorley/status/969712740817235968
> > >
> > > I jumped in and said I would help him get in touch with the right
> > > people, so this is my attempt at doing that. :)
> > >
> > > I wanted to check here if there is any interest in having those
> > > banners designed, as well as find out who to recommend as the main
> > > contact(s).
> >
> > Excellent! We would also be very happy with such a banner, and have a
> > great event in preparation for the end of april so it would be perfect
> > if the delays are not too short!
>
> This event?: https://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2018/
>
> What are your plans for that, Jean Baptiste?

I'm not him, but I will be going there. The LGM isn't much of an event for
project banners though, at least the last few times I visited. It's small-
scale. The focus last times was very much on people doing alternative high-
brow art stuff with free software, not so much working on making software
projects work well together as it was in the early days around 2007.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org