Let's get rid of UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Feb 27 15:08:44 GMT 2018

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 11:32 PM, Elvis Angelaccio
<elvis.angelaccio at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Elvis,

> recently we introduced a policy change in bugzilla and now every user has
> the power to change the status of any ticket.
>
> This is good (and consistent with phabricator) but there is a big downside:
> many people will open a new ticket and then mark it as CONFIRMED. This is
> annoying because now I get two mails instead of one.

This should be simple enough to fix if we prevent users who are not
members of the 'contributors' group from confirming their own bug
reports.
(Confirming your own reports isn't the type of triaging we were
looking for originally, so I see no issue with this).

Thoughts?

If anyone tries to circumvent that control we'll suspend the involved
account(s) from Bugzilla.