Let's get rid of UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Feb 27 10:51:42 GMT 2018

On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 11:47:22 CET Paul Brown wrote:
> On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 11:41:04 CET Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > Given that bugzilla is a tool for developers, I don't care that users
> > might
> > get confused.
> >
> > > We don't have this problem with phabricator tasks because they can be
> > > either Open or closed (for whatever reason).
> >
> > I don't let users report issues in phabricator anyway, because phabricator
> > is where we plan our work. Bugzilla is the big pile of shit that comes
> > from
> > the outer world. So, phabricator's lack of fine-grained task statuses is
> > irrelevant.
>
> So... where are users supposed to report bugs?

Users report bugs in bugs.kde.org. But that doesn't change that bugs.kde.org
is a tool for the developer, not the user. Once the bug is in bugzilla, it's
my property, as a developer, and I need to have a workflow that allows me to
efficiently handle over a thousand bug reports a year.

Users do treat bugs.kde.org as a helpline, but that's invalid, and I close
such help requests as invalid, though I also give the users the help they
need, of course.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org