Let's get rid of UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED

Elvis Angelaccio elvis.angelaccio at kde.org
Tue Feb 27 10:32:10 GMT 2018

Hi,
recently we introduced a policy change in bugzilla and now every user has
the power to change the status of any ticket.

This is good (and consistent with phabricator) but there is a big downside:
many people will open a new ticket and then mark it as CONFIRMED. This is
annoying because now I get two mails instead of one.

There was already a proposal [1] to remove UNCONFIRMED and use NEW instead.
I think now it's a good time to discuss it again.

The UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED thing has little meaning, is confusing for users
and for new triagers and we know that many developers never set this state.

We don't have this problem with phabricator tasks because they can be
either Open or closed (for whatever reason).

Let's make bugzilla consistent with this workflow, if possible.

Discuss!

[1]: https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-community/2016q4/003262.html

Cheers,
Elvis