List for job offers

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Mon Feb 19 15:42:24 GMT 2018

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 3:36 PM, Harish Navnit <harishnavnit at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey,
>
> On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 8:07 PM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> > On Monday, 19 February 2018 15:34:27 CET Roman Gilg wrote:
> >> If this is not the right list for such offers, is there then another
> >> mailing list or some other place in KDE for it? If not, would it be a
> >> good idea to create such a place?
> >>

> > I think it would be a good idea. Also, I don't really see why someone
> looking
> > for a good Qt developer wouldn't make a beeline for our community :-)
> >
> Yes, I understand job offers might not be the cup of tea as far as
> this list is concerned, but I think it's a great idea to have a
> dedicated list that allows job posters to advertise their
> requirements.
> As an example, I know the Debian community maintains one such list as
> well : https://lists.debian.org/debian-jobs/

The Qt forum has a job section. I would rather not attract recruiters, but
I am very sceptical about them in general. They can easily go over the
border disrespecting privacy and ethical values.

Even if I just look at that Debian list, most of it is somewhat unrelated
to Debian.

Best regards,
Laszlo Papp