Volunteering to update the KDE Cafe Press Meta-Store

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Fri Feb 16 15:56:05 GMT 2018

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 6:02 PM, Scott Harvey <bundito at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got a Cafe Press shopkeeper account of my own. I might toss together a
> quick prototype store (hidden, private) just for feedback and idea-sharing.
> Once we get some consensus on what kinds of products we'd like, we can
> contact the Visual Design gurus and let them tear it apart. But at least
> we'll have something that's more substantial than just a good idea.
>
> I'm reasonably competent at graphic design - I speak fluent Adobe
> Illustrator (although I should learn Inkscape as well). Maybe the graphics
> guys would trust me to pitch in with them as well. The shop needs
> custom-sized logos and header graphics. If they're too busy to make
> something grand for the little store, I could certainly make something
> presentable.
>
> Meanwhile, I think my Kubuntu machine needs a swift kick to get running
> again (I work by remote), so it's off to the basement for a power-cycle.
>

> -Scott
>
> On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 5:10 AM, Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org> wrote:
>
> 8<------- snip ------- <8
>

>> CafePress can do all of those, and slapping the KDE logo on everything is
>> quite straightforward. Medium-term, we should do better than that. We have
>> some t-shirt designs kicking around, like the Akademy T-shirts we do each
>> year, and the KDE India shirt is a perennial popular item.  So working
>> towards
>> more designs, or more item-suitable designs, is something that can be
>> done.
>>
>> Well, *I* think it's a worthwhile goal.
>>
>> Heck, just a decent clear-hard-plastic KDE coffee mug could be a nice
>> thing to
>> have (as an environmental statement?) at an event. We had them at some
>> Akademy
>> (Mechelen?), years ago, lasted for years.
>>
>> [ade]

Sounds interesting, if we can help in any way from the board, reach out to us.

By the way, note what we need is to make sure that the KDE merchandise
is available and affordable, whether it's in cafepress or anywhere is
probably anecdotal.

Here's what we have available nowadays:
https://www.kde.org/stuff/metastore.php

Aleix