Input on privacy goal

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Mon Jan 22 16:16:31 GMT 2018

Hello Eike.

Eike Hein - 22.01.18, 13:49:
> I'm planning to continue my work to modernize the user interface of
> Konversation and adding Matrix support.
[…]
> It's my opinion that a Kirigami-based Konversation with Matrix
> support is currently the most viable path toward to meeting our
> needs and bringing privacy and security back to our communication.

I appreciate Matrix support! :)

Does that mean that KDE Telepathy is on its way out? I had the impression it
did not receive much love since quite some time.

If its basically not maintained anymore, it may make sense to deprecate it
once the modernized Konversation is out, as using an unmaintained  chatting
stack is a privacy risk in it self.

Thanks.
--
Martin