update on goals - January 5

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Fri Jan 5 12:19:02 GMT 2018

Hey folks :)

I hope you enjoyed your holidays and are ready to start a great 2018.

I just wanted to give you a quick update on where we are with the
goals in case you missed it.
You can read blog posts about each of the goals now by the people who
proposed them:
* top-notch usability and productivity for basic software:
https://pointieststick.wordpress.com/2017/12/25/kde-goal-usability-and-productivity/
* privacy software: https://vizzzion.org/blog/2017/11/kdes-goal-privacy/
* steamlined onboarding of new contributors:
http://neofytosk.com/post/kde-community-goal-streamlined-onboarding-of-new-contributors---introduction/

There is also a very basic landing page on the wiki:
https://community.kde.org/Goals

Next we will discuss concrete next steps and how to involve more
people as well as planning the sprints for each of the goals.

As always: If you want to help please add yourself to the relevant
phabricator ticket.

Cheers
Lydia

KDE e.V. Board of Directors