[Update] Big Hairy Audacious Goal: Privacy Software

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 07:35:08 BST 2017

Sorry for the empty reply!

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 5:48 AM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> ~One month ago, I asked for input and inspiration for the KDE Goal
> "Privacy Software", see
> https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-community/2017q3/003892.html
>
> I've put some more time, brainpower and patience into that, and put
> together a fairly comprehensible goal proposal, which can be found here:
>
> https://phabricator.kde.org/T7050
>
> TL;DR:
>
> "In 5 years, KDE software enables and promotes privacy"
>
> I think this is a goal which is engaging, measurable and most
> importantly worthwhile.
>
> What I need now:
>
> * Review: Please look over the proposal, make trivial fixes right
>   there, propose more comprehensible or possibly goal-altering changes
>   in the comments of that page or in this email thread
> * If you believe this goal is worthwhile for KDE and you support it,
>   please add your name under it
> * If you intend to actively support this goal in whatever way, please
>   also indicate this on the phab page
>
> Special thanks so far for the help with this go out to: Umberto,
> Martin, Volker, Alexander, Agustin, Christoph, Clemens and of course to
> Bhushan and Lydia. \o/
>
> Cheers,
> --
> sebas
>
> http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org

Hey Sebas, thanks for catching the Zeitgeist -- not just of the world,
but in the world of software, and especially in the world of FOSS.

I think if the KDE community puts our backs into this, we can make
some great progress in a few months time. And once this ball gets
rolling, we'll keep it going and make it fundamental to how we build
our software.

I've added my name on Phab as being willing to work on this as I'm
able; mostly writing and promotion. Please join me there.

All the best,

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez