Fwd: Survey for prioritization of requirements for an IM/chat solution for KDE

argonel argonel at kde.org
Tue Sep 5 10:12:42 BST 2017

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 8:48 PM, Eike Hein <hein at kde.org> wrote:
> On September 5, 2017 8:15:47 AM GMT+09:00, Thomas Pfeiffer <thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org> wrote:
>>Here are the results of the survey:
>>https://sessellift.wordpress.com/2017/09/05/results-of-the-requirements-survey-for-a-kde-wide-chat-solution/
>>Now it's time for us to find a solution that fits the profile!
>>Cheers,
>>Thomas
>
> Hi,
>
> I propose we:
>
> * Turn the must-have list into a wiki table and create columns for each chat solution

I've created the table and done a first pass of filling in the IRC
information: https://community.kde.org/IM_Survey_Results

I had a bit of trouble with Calligra Sheets, and so the first pass of
short descriptions is all there is for now.

> * In each cell, use
> ** ... a red background to indicate a feature is not available, and neither planned nor likely to happen
> ** ... a yellow background if a feature is either not yet widely available or still in the planning stages, with text (in the cell? footnote?) having to provide details including timeline of expect ed availability
> ** ... a green background if a feature is supported

Your wish is my command. It uses the same templates as WIkipedia:
{{No}, {{Maybe}}, {{Yes}}. There's also an {{H}} template (as on
Wikipedia) that provides a tooltip for longer explanations. If you
would like to know more about how to use them, you can check out their
documentation.

> I can take a stab at the Matrix and maybe IRC v3 columns (especially as the Konversation UI rewrite and planned Matrix support imho turns some additionals cells yellow, but even without Konvi-NG I think it's compelling personally).
>

> Cheers,
> Eike
> --
> Plasma, apps developer