Code signing certificate for KDE?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Aug 16 10:52:12 BST 2017

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017, Gilles Caulier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Same problem for digiKam Windows installer.
>
> But this question is not only about Windows, but MacOS PKG also need
> to be signed. So the problem is more generic and a global solution
> need to be found here for KDE applications packaged for windows and
> MacOS.

Right now, I'm not concerned that much about OSX. One thing at a time.

> Note : in the future, to improve security, Microsoft and Apple will
> certainly promote application store for desktop application
> installation, instead stand alone solutions.

For Windows Store applications code signing certificates aren't used.
They check the developer directly (which is why it's so nice that they
have a program to help open source projects get into the store, that
cuts through a lot of red tape).

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org