radical proposal: move IRC to Rocket.Chat

Christian Loosli christian.loosli at fuchsnet.ch
Fri Aug 11 16:28:38 BST 2017

Am Freitag, 11. August 2017, 21:49:11 CEST schrieb Eike Hein:
> I've given some more thought to Matrix as a contender and I'm
> increasingly liking this option among the available contenders.
>
> [...]

There are currently various issues with the bridge including missing protocol
support  (e.g. it messes up on invite and Invex, quiets, remove ...) plus they
way it is built makes it somewhat unstable, so if people are interested in
Matrix and have coding experience, I'm sure they'll be super happy to get
helping hands.  Currently the whole bridge just occasionally drops, which is a
bit meh for both ends.

We (freenode) currently only can support them in non-code, as we unfortunately
have limited manpower that is needed elsewhere.

Otherwise in general Matrix seems to be fine. I personally don't like the feel
of it, but that's really just preference and not saying people should not use
it.

> Cheers,
> Eike

Kind regards,