radical proposal: move IRC to Rocket.Chat

Christian Loosli kde at fuchsnet.ch
Wed Aug 9 10:52:37 BST 2017

Hi,

Yup, I am aware, I already did spread that freenode internally a couple of
weeks ago (when I saw the first post on planet KDE), thanks.

Our current issue is more the mix of authentication systems and to use
something like SAML or the likes to integrate them, which, as far as I am
aware, is not a point resolved in brooklyn  (minor sidenote: that name is
already taken by the apache foundation).

I'm sure we'd get in touch with them once we are in a stage where we tackle
the problems brooklyn tackles, unfortunately as an already existing network we
have a couple of additional things to tackle first.

Thanks for the info, kind regards,

Christian