Retirement of SVN Commitfilter and Legacy Get Hot New Stuff systems

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sat Jul 29 14:43:12 BST 2017

Ben Cooksley ha scritto:
> On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 11:33 PM, Luigi Toscano
> <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it> wrote:
>> Ben Cooksley ha scritto:
>>
>>> I've checked and it appears that only a small handful of applications
>>> still use newstuff.kde.org:
>>> - KBlocks
>>> - KDiamond
>>> - KGoldRunner
>>> - Kigo
>>> - KSirk
>>> - KSnakeDuel
>>> - KSysguard
>>>
>>> These applications should all be ported to use store.kde.org.
>>
>> We have few days to fix most of them (the games part of Applications 17.08.0;
>> KSysguard is Plasma). Can you wait please few days so that we can fix them
>> properly (and compare the before/after)?
>
> The web interface for newstuff.kde.org has been down for the past
> couple of months, so these applications should have been broken for a
> while now. We certainly can wait for a couple of days though.

Ben confirmed on IRC that the web server was up for few days by accident after
a system restart. So when I tested the affected games few days ago during
Akademy and everything worked, I thought that the issue was fixed.

I requested the new categories for the games, including few answer on how to
migrate the existing contents without contacting each of the old authors:
https://phabricator.kde.org/T6675

I didn't create it the request for KSysguard because I'm not sure about the
category, it's better if the Plasma team chimes in.

Ciao
--
Luigi