[kde-community] Re: Applications Lifecycle Policy

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Wed Jul 5 11:37:59 BST 2017

On Wed, Jul 05, 2017 at 11:44:40AM +0200, Harald Sitter wrote:
> We do not review the maintenance of the baseline we established during
> review. I am guessing we do not re-review because the expectation is
> that the authors are able to follow our community policies after the
> initial review. Fair assumption for sure. BUT if we, KDE, are to be
> trusted to maintain the baseline without re-review, then why are we
> not trusted to write new software with that same baseline?

It's useful to have an initial review, stuff gets brought up in kdereview all the time.

Problems which occur after kdereview will typically be brought up during the release process, often packagers will pick them up.

It's not ideal but it's a bit like the copyright files in Debian packaging, it gets reviewed by ftpmaster on first upload and just trusted thereafter. Sometimes they bitrot a bit and sometimes they don't but at least a minimum is set at the start to get it on its way.

Jonathan