latest draft for mission (and strategy)

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Jun 13 14:29:47 BST 2017

On dinsdag 13 juni 2017 14:16:25 CEST Kenny Coyle wrote:
> Thanks for putting this together, I can only see it being positive going
> forward.
>
> The text itself is very clear and concise.
>
> On the last section about promoting development, I'm wondering if it's
> worthwhile having a statement about the infrastructure that KDE maintains
> and develops? How about the following:
>
> To promote the development of Free and Open-Source Software, KDE
>> maintains reliable technical infrastructure to support the community,
> evolving with the community

I think that fits well into the strategy part. I wonder if we should
explicitely mention that we want this infrastructure to be based on Free
software and open standards as much as possible, since that's come up over and
over again in the past when we discussed important infrastructural changes.
(Own git vs. github, phabricator vs. other tools, etc.)

What do others think about this?
--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org