latest draft for mission (and strategy)

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Jun 12 10:36:36 BST 2017

On zondag 11 juni 2017 18:02:56 CEST Albert Vaca wrote:
> Thanks for putting this together! Some (late and) minor thoughts on wording:
>
> I like that we state we want to "integrate well with other Free products to
> complete the experience". I would explicitly mention "other Free *software*
> and products", to make clear that we don't want to be a closed ecosystem
> where KDE software only integrates with other KDE software.
>
> I also think that the statement "maintains a diverse and inclusive
> community" is fundamental in a truly open online community nowadays. I
> would go further and say "a diverse, inclusive *and safe* community".

I think those are excellent suggestions. The Free products was I think an
omission, since without software, this doesn't make sense in our context. The
"safe" is something I really like in there, because it stresses mutual care
and kindness that we want to exercise. That is something we always values in
KDE and supported by our actions (CoC being a cornerstone).

> Apart from that, I agree with every point in the strategy and I'm happy we
> have decided to write it down and make it public.

Cool!
--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org