NOW is the time to fill in the Ideas page for GSoC! Application deadline 9 Feb.

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 23:13:21 GMT 2017

Hello GSoC mentors, and teams supporting mentors,

We've asked for more time to get ramped up for GSoC, and so the
calendar has been moved back to early February. However, that means
that our Ideas page needs to be filled NOW, so that it can be taken
into consideration once the Org Applications are all in. The quality
of our ideas and the guidance they give our students are the most
important part of our application. Please begin filling in your ideas
now, and ensure that it is comprehensive and accurate.

Including screenshots and other images is allowed, if it enriches the
idea for a project. Please ensure complete information about how to
contact the team; this is crucial. Take a look at the landing page
https://community.kde.org/GSoC -- experienced mentors agree that 1.
commits must be made before the student proposal is submitted, and
linked on that proposal, and 2. that regular communication from the
student must be initiated by the student at least weekly, and we
expect daily or nearly daily communication with the team in a more
informal way.

Be sure to point students to that information, as this should thin our
proposals, and raise the quality.

TL;DR: Fill out https://community.kde.org/GSoC/2017/Ideas; read
https://community.kde.org/GSoC. Now.

Valorie