As Google Code-in ends, time to plan for Google Summer of Code

Lays Rodrigues laysrodriguessilva at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 00:36:18 GMT 2017

Well, I can only speak about my experience.
The page https://community.kde.org/GSoC is good, and I think that is a good
start. When I submitted my proposal las year at Umbrello, I did start to
get to know Umbrello code before it. And get to know the code is, for me, a
required step to get accepted on that project, otherwise when GSoC starts
the student may lose valuable time on that. Also, search for a project and
a mentor is a good step too.
I know that all of GSoC students do a review about the Community and that
the Community can access it, however, maybe we can do a pool on #kde-gsoc
about it, with a deep questioning about all the experience involving GSoC,
of former students and the ones that have interesting to apply for 2017.
That can help us to define a better standards to follow.
Well, that is just my ideas... I'm open to discussing it.

--
*Lays Rodrigues*
*Software Developer at KDE*