Kubuntu and other KDE distribution's use of KDE infrastructure

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Jan 17 14:11:14 GMT 2017

On Monday, January 16, 2017 01:13:03 AM Nicolás Alvarez wrote:
> Where do we stop? We have to draw the line somewhere, but I don't know
> where. Perhaps making it case-by-case could be problematic, someone
> could claim it's unfair to give X to Kubuntu and not give Y to them
> because in their opinion Y doesn't need much more resources than X.
> Must be Kubuntu favoritism!
>
> But perhaps I'm being paranoid, and trying to define a strict policy
> ahead of time will involve even worse bikeshedding and drama, and
> case-by-case is good enough.

Thank you, Nicolás, for laying out the fundamental question at the base of
this thread. At this point, I'd like to suggest just moving on, creating the
board, and keeping this thread in mind when (if) new requests come in.

While there's a couple of interesting points left -- I understand Luca's
objections better now, and Ken has an interesting quid-pro-quo suggestings --
let's not let those keep us from a resolution of this thread.

Since Ken's suggestion involves money, it might be an idea to take that up
separately with sysadmin and the e.V..

[ade]