Kubuntu and other KDE distribution's use of KDE infrastructure

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Jan 12 14:27:21 GMT 2017

On Thursday, January 12, 2017 10:39:33 AM Luca Beltrame wrote:
> Il giorno Wed, 11 Jan 2017 14:58:32 -0800
> Valorie Zimmerman
>
> <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> ha scritto:
> > Bottom line: we would like a Phab instance so that we can use the task
> > board, and perhaps the built-in wiki. The sysadmins want the KDE
> > Community to give the yea or nay to that request, and perhaps clarify
>
> "Nay". These tasks need to use the upstream distribution's tools and
> KDE cannot act as a proxy for them: if these tools are broken, they
> should be fixed.

Valorie, when you say "Phab Instance" do you mean a whole separate Phab
installation, or do you mean "A KDE Phab workspace / project / todo-board /
corner of the wiki"?

For the former, I'd submit that it's an additional (system-)maintainence
burden for a subset of KDE contributors; for the latter, I think it falls
firmly within "being nice" as formulated by Harald.

Luca, what exactly are you "Nay"-ing? The former or the latter? If the latter,
do you also object to https://phabricator.kde.org/project/view/199/ ?

[ade]