Kubuntu and other KDE distribution's use of KDE infrastructure

Kenny Duffus kenny at kde.org
Mon Jan 9 09:30:40 GMT 2017

On Sunday, 8 January 2017 16:28:45 GMT, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> For me, the line is "you should use your project infrastructure".
>
> Since we're nice people, i would expand the line to "if your project
> infrastructure is not good you can use ours for KDE related stuff if
> that gives us no overhead"

I think this really depends a lot on the size and organisation
abilities/facilities of the distro in question. Basically there is
Debian/Fedora/OpenSUSE and then pretty much everyone else who have less
resources, so I think this should remain a semi flexible grey area.

IMHO it always seems to be people involved in distros with lots of
resources saying that other distros should never get the occasional helping
hand from KDE

--

	Kenny