Kubuntu and other KDE distribution's use of KDE infrastructure

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Sun Jan 8 15:28:36 GMT 2017

Il giorno Sun, 8 Jan 2017 00:02:06 -0800
Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> However, the sysadmins would like the KDE community support for this,
> since it could be seen as a "slippery slope." In addition, Ben

With both my KDE and distro person hats, -1 to the idea. I think that
distribution and KDE infrastructure should be kept separate, exactly
because the goals of distros may not always align with KDE goals, even
if there's an amount of overlap in people and ideas.

> the Manifesto. We do already host the KDE Packagers list [2], and
> Distributions list [3] which supports the Distribution Outreach
> Program [4].

I think these (packagers and distro outreach) are Good Enough for the
moment.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
KDE Science supporter