Changes to the bugzilla workflow: 2 proposals

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Mon Dec 12 20:20:33 GMT 2016

On Montag, 12. Dezember 2016 07:39:24 CET Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> Am 2016-12-11 22:35, schrieb Luigi Toscano:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to propose two changes to the Bugzilla workflow for our
> > instance
> > on bugs.kde.org. The two proposals are totally independent from each
> > other.
> >
> > a) use the "needinfo" flag instead of the NEEDINFO status.
> >
> > This is implemented on various instances of bugzilla (mozilla.org,
> > redhat.com,
> > opensuse.org) and allows the requester to set a needinfo on one or more
> > specific user.
>
> What does it mean to the state of "Open" bugs? What I like about the
> RESOLVED NEEDSINFO is that it hides the bugs from my search lists. If
> the bugs would still be shown, it would completely destroy the search
> for me (KWin currently gets 1-3 crash reports by Arch users per day).

Just a maybe dumb question: Are the flag and the status mutually exclusive on
an installation level?
If we make use of the flag on bugs.kde.org, are people blocked from using the
status?

Of course the user-facing UI of bugs.kde.org should be as similar as possible
across products, but since it's not the users who set the flag or status, can't
we just allow each project team to use what they prefer?