Changes to the bugzilla workflow: 2 proposals

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Dec 12 13:31:25 GMT 2016

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016, Luigi Toscano wrote:

> You can ask to another person without adding explicitly to the bug. The flag
> is cleared after asking, so you don't have to go and check the list of pending
> NEEDINFO for answer if you miss the email.
> This may not be relevant for you. It is for me at least.

So, if someone answers, the flag gets clear? That might be quite useful, though
I get my answers sorted into a special mailbox, which also works.

> Also, especially if you want to use more states as described below (TRIAGED,
> CONFIRMED, etc), you don't need to go forth and back from the NEEDINFO state
> if you need some information at some point in the later state. This is the
> case that makes me consider needinfo as not as a state as the others (it can
> break the workflow). Maybe it's not so visible when we have only one bug
> initial status that moves almost always to RESOLVED, but it is.

That's a really good point. In that sense, NEEDINFO is weird indeed.

> > Well, I would like more states -- as I explained, NEW, TRIAGED, CONFIRMED,
> > ASSIGNED, RESOLVED, NEEDINFO would cover all my needs. That's how a bug
> > changes over time in my workflow.
>
> See above for more benefit as needinfo flag in this case.

Okay, but I would still like to have a TRIAGED state in between NEW and CONFIRMED :-)

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org