Changes to the bugzilla workflow: 2 proposals

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Dec 12 06:39:24 GMT 2016

Am 2016-12-11 22:35, schrieb Luigi Toscano:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to propose two changes to the Bugzilla workflow for our
> instance
> on bugs.kde.org. The two proposals are totally independent from each
> other.
>
> a) use the "needinfo" flag instead of the NEEDINFO status.
>
> This is implemented on various instances of bugzilla (mozilla.org,
> redhat.com,
> opensuse.org) and allows the requester to set a needinfo on one or more
> specific user.

What does it mean to the state of "Open" bugs? What I like about the
RESOLVED NEEDSINFO is that it hides the bugs from my search lists. If
the bugs would still be shown, it would completely destroy the search
for me (KWin currently gets 1-3 crash reports by Arch users per day).

> b) change back the initial state from UNCONFIRMED to NEW.
>
> This was the default until Bugzilla 3. But Many of our developers don't
> really
> use the UNCONFIRMED->CONFIRMED transition and this confuses the users.
> Moreover, NEW is still the initial status on various bugzilla
> instances.
> I would introduce an ASSIGNED state so that developers that want to
> mark that
> they have acknowledged it and they are going to work on it can do it.

This sounds good! +1 to it.

Cheers
Martin