KDE End of Year 2016 Fundraising

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sun Dec 4 16:04:53 GMT 2016

Hello,

On Saturday, 3 December 2016 00:31:43 CET Heiko Tietze wrote:
> On 12/02/2016 11:21 PM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > El dimecres, 30 de novembre de 2016, a les 9:54:18 CET, Heiko Tietze va
> >
> > escriure:
> >> Would be good not have alternatives to Paypal, like gittip or bitcoins.
> >
> > I hear you're volunteering to help set this up?
>
> Setting up such an account is a task for the treasurer or the KDE board. Did
> that some time ago for an own project and it was just a click to register.
> In particular Gittip, or https://gratipay.com, sounds good since KDE could
> easily forward tips to contributors.

Just reacting on gittip and gratipay being mentioned. Attended an interesting
talk last month at Capitole du Libre touching on this kind of platforms. There
are actually several concerns about those two, one of them is also the fact
that they focus on the US while we're in Europe which leads to some
difficulties.

So I'm spreading the information that an extra one appeared, based on gratipay
codebase and with what looked to me like a better contribution model named
liberapay: https://liberapay.com/

Just my 0.02€, in case that could be of use to someone.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net