Fwd: Top 15 Mailinglists with messages in moderation

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Dec 3 13:57:41 GMT 2016

Hi all,

On Saturday 03 December 2016 12:47:17 Myriam Schweingruber wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 11:59 AM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:
> > Am 2016-12-02 19:26, schrieb Ben Cooksley:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> It's that time of month again.
> >> If you're the moderator for one of the below lists, please moderate it's
> >> queue.
> >>
> >>      20 kwin
> >
> > It's all spam and I'm not logging in to delete spam. I go into the list if
> > there is a real mail which needs to be moderated. Then I drop the spam.
> >
> > It would be nice if we could get the spam mails not in the moderation
> > queue in the first place. Would mean much less work for the moderators.
>
> Well, deleting spam is also list moderator work in my book, so if you need
> help on that one, just ask. As said before, I can help since I do this
> anyway on several lists. I doubt there is a way to drop spam automatically
> and only keep legit mails in moderation queue with mailman.

Well, I do this automated for the global kde-commits for more than two years
and the KMyMoney list since many years now. The number of false positives
(those marked as spam and discarded automatically but were legitimate mails)
during this time is in the single digit numbers.

In case someone is interested, I can add the resp. list to my job (which also
processes a bunch of non KDE mailing lists but all mailman driven). Just let
me know.

--

Regards

Thomas Baumgart

Intelligent people stay up late, are disorderly and swear.
www.businessinsider.de/5-verdammt-gute-argumente-fuers-fluchen-2016-8