list of FLA signees published - need scripting help for next step

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Sep 7 12:49:12 BST 2016

On Wednesday, September 07, 2016 09:00:36 AM Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> Thanks to Ingo we now have a list of contributors who signed the FLA
> with KDE e.V. and who agreed to have their name published. You can
> find it on the FLA page at https://ev.kde.org/rules/fla.php. A few are
> still missing who signed it over the last days. We will add them soon.
> As a next step we need to figure out which part of our codebase is
> actually well-covered and which is not. Is there anyone who can hack
> up a script to give us a list of contributors who would significantly
> increase our coverage of important repositories by signing the FLA?

This is a job for Paul Adams. Or rather, it would be right up his alley.

Recently, token-level blaming has been developed by Daniel Berlin and others,
to give an even better view of copyright provenance of source (e.g. avoiding
pollution of provenance by re-indenting). That might be an intersting too to
apply here.

Anyway, you are asking basically for a mapping filename -> (mapping
contributor-id -> number of lines) for data collection. Assuming we can
normalize on the contributor-ids, then filter the inner mapping on ids-who-are-
not-in-the-fla-signers-list and coalesce that at some level of granularity.

It's probably an extant script, or an hour with python.

Perhaps the biggest challenge is to get a decent list of which repo's need to
be covered (or is that in the meta-buildinfo?). Or to find the aliases of
signatories, e.g. in the akonadi repository (yeah, I had an hour + python on
the train), counting number of lines per committer-email-address (mangled
here), we get:

    <dvratil.com>                      37721
    <guy.maurel.org>                      36028
    <vkrause.org>                         24204
    <tokoe.org>                           15407
    <montel.org>                          15382
    <chrigi_1.fm>                    13548
    <steveire.com>                      5943
    <adam.org>                            2547
    <dvratil.org>                         1985
    <kevin.krammer.at>                    1761

There's two of Dan there, and there are other duplicates too (hey, I have 1
line in the akonadi/ repo attributed to me!)

[ade]