[kde-community] Results from the Mission Survey

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Aug 21 21:17:30 BST 2016

On Monday 01 August 2016 12:05:25 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On 01.08.2016 11:20, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Thank you for doing this.
> >
> > I am baffled by the extreme coherence between answers of contributors and
> > of users. Seems like a perfect match.
>
> Indeed, I was equally surprised by that. It is true, though (I've just
> re-checked the data to be 100% sure).
> If someone says "KDE has lost touch with their userbase", we can confidently
> say "No, we haven't, look at that
> survey we just did!". At least judging from our attitudes. To the extent
> that our actions match our attitudes,
> we should be all lined up with what our users want.
> Our users should like a Mission Statement derived from these results, then
> :)

just arrived back home. :-)
That's actually a very similar issue to what I have at work: while following
wishes from existing users certainly makes those happier, but is this actually
the right way if you want to reach people who are not yet using this software
? (serious question, not rhetoric)

Alex