Cleaning up mailing lists?

R.Harish Navnit harishnavnit at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 14:40:49 BST 2016

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 6:22 PM, Thomas Pfeiffer <thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> recently I went through lists.kde.org and saw that there are lots of
> lists there for some short-term projects in the past, or for projects which
> have long since been abandoned.
> Given that it probably doesn't give a good impression if someone
> subscribes to one of those lists only to notice that nothing has happened
> there for years, would it perhaps make sense to clean up our mailing lists,
> killing those that are not used anymore?

​Yes it does. But could you please tell which ones you're talking about ?

Also worth noting here, is that a project not seeing much development
doesn't automatically equate to a project with no users and the mailing
lists are the easiest way for a user to reach out for support.
​But of course, if you know of any obvious cases then it totally makes
sense to clean them up.

​heers,
Harish​