[kde-community] [Kde-ev-campaign] Randa Meetings 2016 fundraising - status and help needed

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Jun 3 15:22:21 BST 2016

On Fri, 3 Jun 2016, Sandro Andrade wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> We'll run the Randa Meetings 2016 fundraising campaign from 10th June
> to 8th July (starts next Friday). In spite of not having something
> super-awesome to show up, the basic material (motto/short description
> [1] and story [2]) is already in place. I'm currently finishing the
> website configuration.
>
> Last year's twitter series (7 reasons to donate) has proven to be
> quite useful, so we'll to it again this year. My suggestion is doing
> that around N "did you know?" facts regarding KDE on other platforms,
> along with a claim to donate. I've started a etherpad for that [3] .
>
> For each twit, we need:
> * a headline
> * a short description
> * a picture
>
> Any help in filling out this information is quite welcome. Further
> information may be found at the campaign's main etherpad [4]
>
> [1] https://notes.kde.org/p/ev-private-fundaiser-randa2016
> [2] https://notes.kde.org/p/KDE-ev-Fundraiser-Randa2016-CampaignStory
> [3] https://notes.kde.org/p/randa2016-fundraising-thingsyoudidntknow
> [4] https://notes.kde.org/p/Fundraising-2016-Coordination

We've got space on krita.org for banner, 1160 × 150 in size, that could
advertise the fund raiser. I'd also like to feature a story on krita.org
about how KDE is important for Krita, and how the fund raiser is important
for KDE and so for Krita -- the only problem is, I'm absolutely exhausted
at the moment, so I need someone to write the text...

Boudewijn