[kde-community] KDE Mission - let's do this! : Feedback on survey draft

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Mon May 23 17:05:26 BST 2016

On Montag, 23. Mai 2016 17:03:11 CEST Martin Graesslin wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 18, 2016 11:43:12 PM CEST Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> > I have created a survey draft at
> > http://survey.kde.org/index.php/858172/lang-en
> >
> > Now please everybody click through it and give feedback on anything that
> > you think should be changed.
>
> I have a problem with answering
> "...strive to make our products available on all major Free and proprietary
> operating systems and platforms"
>
> I'm all for making our apps available everywhere so would go very to the
> left, but for Plasma I would go very to the right. And thinking about it:
> not all products make sense everywhere. No matter how much I strive for it,
> KWin won't run on Windows (probably not even with the new Linux support in
> Windows 10).
>
> So maybe that needs to be more fine grained? Worded differently?

Would replacing "products" with "applications" work? Since you consider KWin a
systems component and not an application, this sentence should not be of
concern to KWin, right?
I mean sure, there are still some actual applications which make no sense on
Windows or Mac, but I assume there are so few of those that we don't have to
mention them explicitly in our vision.