[kde-community] possible foss alternative to telegram/slack

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Wed May 18 06:28:50 BST 2016

Il giorno Tue, 17 May 2016 20:18:37 +0200
Thomas Pfeiffer <thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org> ha
scritto:

> Good point! I think we should use it internally extensively before
> switching any public communication over to it.

More food for thought: another alternative may be Matrix[1] a FOSS,
federated service a la Jabber. Unfortunately it lacks "proper" desktop
clients, but there are a number of web and mobile clients around[2].

However, it looks a little more complicated to set up.

[1] https://matrix.org/
[2] https://matrix.org/docs/projects/try-matrix-now.html

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team