[kde-community] Telegram Relay Service

Boudhayan Gupta bgupta at kde.org
Fri May 6 15:24:36 BST 2016

Hi Teo,

On 6 May 2016 at 18:48, Teo Mrnjavac <teo at kde.org> wrote:
> This is awesome. When I think of best things in KDE, this is exactly what I
> mean: brilliant technical solutions even to social issues. Instead of
> complaining and bikeshedding about Telegram, or GitHub or whatever, we're much
> better off when we hack our way to a solution and aim for inclusivity rather
> than enforcement.

It's much less "brilliant technical solutions" and much more "let's
just install this bot app on our server and set up the config file"
:-)

> A huge thumbs up, kudos and thanks to KDE Sysadmin for making this happen.

Ovidiu-Florin Bogdan was running a service on his own servers,
providing services to the two KDE channels (and a few Kubuntu
channels). It turned out this service was extremely useful, so we
ended up hosting our own bot.

-- Boudhayan Gupta