[kde-community] [Kde-pim] A new home for Mozilla Thunderbird at KDE?

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Wed Apr 27 23:32:17 BST 2016

Am 27.04.2016 23:33 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> El dimecres, 27 d’abril de 2016, a les 23:15:00 CEST, Frederik
> Schwarzer va
> escriure:
>> Am 27.04.2016 23:09 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
>> > El dimecres, 27 d’abril de 2016, a les 13:35:41 CEST, Frederik
>> > Schwarzer va
>> >
>> > escriure:

>> > As far as i understand it, there would not be any contractor paid by
>> > Mozilla
>> > since Thunderbird wouldn't be Mozilla anymore, no?
>>
>> As Jos pointed out, they are seeking to have a contractor help with
>> the
>> migration.
>> https://careers.mozilla.org/position/ohUW2fwT
>
> Sure, helping with the migration.
>
> I don't know where you end up in "run through our infrastructure and
> tell them
> what to do and how" from "helping with the migration".
>
> What I would understand from "helping with the migration" is "make sure
> you
> help Thunderbird land correctly in the destination organization by
> helping
> such organization in whatever is needed."

Yep, well, whenever I see external contractors, they come, criticise
what they see, make suggestions that there is no manpower available to
realise, help implementing the suggestions half-bakedly and then rush
out to the next contract. Surely that's a naysayer's point of view,
which is based on my sceptical opinion about this. :)

Regards,
Frederik