[kde-community] [Kde-pim] A new home for Mozilla Thunderbird at KDE?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Apr 27 22:33:19 BST 2016

El dimecres, 27 d’abril de 2016, a les 23:15:00 CEST, Frederik Schwarzer va
escriure:
> Am 27.04.2016 23:09 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> > El dimecres, 27 d’abril de 2016, a les 13:35:41 CEST, Frederik
> > Schwarzer va
> >
> > escriure:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I share Eike's concerns about the extra workload for our sysadmins and
> >> think they should definitely have a word in this.
> >> While a welcoming atmosphere is a great goal and should be strived for
> >> in general, technical issues should be handled as such.
> >> So I guess we need to ask concrete questions like:
> >> - what do the Thunderbird developers expect from their future host and
> >> can we deliver that?
> >> - what are the costs in terms of manpower on our side?
> >> - are our sysadmins willing to let a bunch of contractors paid by
> >> Mozilla run through our infrastructure and tell them what to do and
> >> how?
> >
> > As far as i understand it, there would not be any contractor paid by
> > Mozilla
> > since Thunderbird wouldn't be Mozilla anymore, no?
>
> As Jos pointed out, they are seeking to have a contractor help with the
> migration.
> https://careers.mozilla.org/position/ohUW2fwT

Sure, helping with the migration.

I don't know where you end up in "run through our infrastructure and tell them
what to do and how" from "helping with the migration".

What I would understand from "helping with the migration" is "make sure you
help Thunderbird land correctly in the destination organization by helping
such organization in whatever is needed."

Cheers,
  Albert