[kde-community] KDE store sprint

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 15:49:35 BST 2016

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 12:47 PM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> The meeting could take place in week 21, between 23 May and 28 May, and we'd
> be happy to host it as a 3 days sprint in Bielefeld, Germany -- but we're
> flexible in this regard.
>
> If you're interested in attending this meeting, please reply to this thread or
> let me know via email, so we can gauge interest and perhaps start making
> travel arrangements.

Probably not the proper list to discuss that, but introducing it here
as many people read it (and if you contribute to an application in
KDE, please, don't skip ;)
One thing that would be really important to do, is deciding what
content currently in opendesktop should be transfered as it is, it can
be done at the meeting, but would be nice to have a rough idea already
before.

I went over categories in kde-files.org, that is a bit overlooked site
of the opendesktop ones, but it's actually quite important, as is the
one that usually has stuff from which applications will download extra
data (such as KStars extra graphics or plasma comic applet providers
for instance)

there is a lot of stuff there that is obviously outdated/not relevant
anymore, but also some that would be important. where would be the
right place to discuss that?
I'm introducing the issue quickly here anyways (then let's move where
more suited):

what would be needed are the maintainers of the applications that
content categories belong to, to vet the categories and roughly the
content as well (to tell which categories need, which don't, and
things like "for this category i only want items that have been
updated in the past 2 years, the others discarded")

And very important, if the maintainers won't answer or the application
appears to not really be maintained, the categories and their whole
content would have to be dropped

a preliminar list of stuff that has items newer than 2014:

krita and subcategories, excluding 1.x
http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=613x616x621x623x624x625x626x627x628x629
<- are all subcategories still valid?
ODF templates http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=630x631x632x633x634
KOrganizer calendars http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=640
KStars data http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=643
cliparts http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=60
krusader http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=660x661x662x663
tellico http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=675x676 <--
external app/maintained?
kate highlighting http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=680
KDEnlive effects http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=683
Plasma comics http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=685 <-
ported, used in Plasma 5
KTurtle scripts http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=686
Parley http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=687
KTextEditor snippets http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=690
Okteta structure definitions http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=691
Simon and subcategories
http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=648x649x692 <-
port/maintenance status?
KWordQuiz http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=694
Cantor and subcategories
http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=695x696x697x698x704x705x706x707x708x709
KMail headers http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=668x700x701x702x703
<- worth it?
Marble http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=646 <- not used at
all? i find that strange
Pairs: http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=647
KDE app templates http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=635 <--
i would have them maintained only in git, it's already hard enough to
keep such examples relevant as it is
KDevelop file templates http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=637
plasma public transport applet
http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=638 <-- unported, so
content not relevant at the moment but such a shame