[kde-community] finding a clear vision for KDE - an alternative draft for discussion

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Mar 24 07:15:40 GMT 2016

On Wednesday, February 10, 2016 4:37:33 PM CET Alexander Dymo wrote:
> > So a vision which would ensure that also future technologies could be
> > served, would not harm that? Let's just not close doors.
>
> Sure. But let's also not spread thin. Do you think it makes sense to
> find a middle ground between two proposals?

If we just look at the vision statement (which is in your draft not really
defined) then yes I think they are extremely close. I see the explicit mention
of GUI as a problem, because we already do more than GUI and saying GUI closes
the door to any non GUI future technology.

On the mission side I think we are further apart, but that's a topic to
discuss once the vision is settled.

Cheers
Martin