[kde-community] finding a clear vision for KDE - second draft for discussion

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 18:42:44 GMT 2016

Alexander Neundorf wrote:

>> "A world in which everyone has control over their digital life" (in ->
>> over) seems a great vision.
>
> personally I'd like to have included that this can be done

At least in my view (see my mail), a vision is not 'done' at all. It is only
for inspiration.

> - independent from the commercial interest of companies

Out of scope of the vision. See also my mail.

> - available for everybody to use

The vision Jos and I discuss says 'everyone'. See also my mail.

> - using solutions which can survive long-term

Implied by the vision.

The vision is intentionally vague and not-concrete and has no 'method', no
'done', etc.

I don't know if you read my mail, but I'd encourage you to do so.

Thanks,

Steve.