[kde-community] finding a clear vision for KDE - second draft for discussion

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Wed Feb 17 12:06:06 GMT 2016

On Wednesday, 17 February 2016 12:46:26 GMT Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Dienstag, 16. Februar 2016 21:20:25 CET Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
> > I think it could be stated more gracefully. How about:
> >
> > KDE aspires to a world where all users of our technology experience
> > freedom, privacy and control over their digital lives.
>
> But doesn't that mean we don't care how many users we have, as long as those
> users have freedom, privacy and control? I don't see much ambition in this,
> to be honest. It sounds like "Hey, let's improve the lives of a tiny niche
> of people!" to me.

  This is, however, an important point, i feel. While i'm sure we'd all like
to see KDE's software all over the world and so on, is world domination (said
with my tongue stuck firmly in my cheek) actually something that's a part of
our vision? For myself, i'm simply not sure, but this does seem to be a
question that'd need to be considered.

--
..dan / leinir..
http://leinir.dk/