[kde-community] finding a clear vision for KDE - second draft for discussion

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Wed Feb 17 11:46:26 GMT 2016

On Dienstag, 16. Februar 2016 21:20:25 CET Valorie Zimmerman wrote:

> I think it could be stated more gracefully. How about:
>
> KDE aspires to a world where all users of our technology experience
> freedom, privacy and control over their digital lives.

But doesn't that mean we don't care how many users we have, as long as those
users have freedom, privacy and control? I don't see much ambition in this, to
be honest. It sounds like "Hey, let's improve the lives of a tiny niche of
people!" to me.

> Short version:
>
> KDE: freedom, privacy, control of your digital life

I do like the short version, but I wouldn't change the long version to what
you suggested, to be honest.