[kde-community] finding a clear vision for KDE - second draft for discussion

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Feb 15 18:29:32 GMT 2016

On Monday 15 February 2016 18:36:18 Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> A bit less than two weeks ago we sent the first draft for the
> community vision for KDE. We have gotten a lot of useful feedback and
> have now put this into a second draft. It reads as follows:
> "KDE creates technology for a world in which everyone has freedom,
> privacy and control over their digital life."

I like it. My only nitpick is with "freedom, privacy and control over
their digital life", because when reading it, I automatically parsed it
as "freedom over their digital life, privacy over their digital life and
control over their digital life" which doesn't make sense.

What about "[...] everyone has control over their digital life, freedom,
and privacy". Hmm, no. This can be misread as "control over their
digital life, control over their freedom, and control over their
privacy".

What about "[...] everyone has freedom and privacy and control over
their digital life". It's a bit convoluted, but I think it better avoids
the misreading.

Regards,
Ingo