[kde-community] finding a clear vision for KDE - an alternative draft for discussion

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Feb 15 13:55:19 GMT 2016

On Monday, February 15, 2016 05:51:57 AM A. Spehr wrote:
> "World domination through free software."
>
> Maybe that's too flippant, or more the vision of Linux and not KDE, but that
> was my first thought as I glanced at this in the middle of the night, while
> half asleep. Who doesn't want to take over the world with cool toys?

Me.

The "world domination" moniker was always a tongue-in-cheek joke. We don't
want to actually rule the world, we don't want anyone to rule the world. We do
want a world in which Freedom and empowered people dominate and access to
knowledge is a given, rather than centralized control and monopolistic power
structures.
--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org