[kde-community] finding a clear vision for KDE - first draft for discussion

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sat Feb 13 14:26:29 GMT 2016

On Friday, February 12, 2016 8:57:36 PM CET Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Friday, February 12, 2016 08:04:10 Martin Graesslin wrote:
>
> > > so do I understand correctly that in general you would consider projects
> > > like a shell, a compiler and a text-mode editor as potential KDE
> > > projects
> > > ?
> > >
> > > What's your opinion on one of the original goals of KDE to provide a set
> > > of
> > > software with a consistent look & feel and usability, stuff like common
> > > printing dialogs, file dialog, help systems, dialog layouts, etc, etc. ?

> > > Where do you draw the line ?
> >
> > Why should there be a line?
>
> people have been asking exactly that wrt. to the focused vision all the time
> continuously, so I think the team of the inclusive-draft can also answer a
> few questions.

As you might know (or not), I'm not a member of the inclusive team and have
not collaborated on the draft. I'm asking questions to get an informed opinion
and to see how it aligns with my opinion.

I asked identical questions to both proposals. On one I got a good answer and
didn't ask further question, on the other I didn't. So I continued to ask
questions as I still don't really understand what it will mean for me and the
projects I'm working on.

Because of that I would highly appreciate if you would answer my questions and
not hijack my thread to ask questions on another proposal.

Thank you!

Martin