[kde-community] FOSDEM wrapup

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Wed Feb 3 12:58:58 GMT 2016

We had a good presence at FOSDEM this year.  Here's some notes while I
remember.

Stall:
One 1 short table this year.  We had a nice setup with ODROID board + HDMI
monitor (alas it wasn't a monitor which could tilt) to demo low cost
computers can run Plasma.  We had my laptop for KDE neon and a Nexus 5 in a
stand for Plasma Phone.  a4 display stands had colour sheets describing the
three projects.  Me and David brought the kit on the train (which is faffy
but much easier than taking kit on a plane) with Rohan bringing his ODROID.

I bought two large display banners for KDE and KDE neon which I've taken
back to my house, I need to reply to e.V. treasurer about getting those
paid for.  I also bought stickers for KDE (name badges and to give away)
and KDE neon and have taken the spares back home.  I also bought the money
box, a4 display stands, pens, tape and brought power extensions.

We had t-shirts which Jose brought along from those left over from Akademy
as well as a money box and leaflets.

Saturday sales:
Knitted Amigurimi Konqi Medium: 1
KDE India T-shirts (these were very popular and we should buy more for next
year.  They seem to be in Indian sizes where an XL is about a medium to us
fat Europeans.)
XL red: 1
XL blue: 3
2XL organge: 1
3XL orange: 1
Konqi t-shirts (white):
2XL: 1
L 1
M: 1
KDE Logo t-shirts (white):
XL: 1
L: 1

We took over 300euro on the Saturday which Jose took home.
Sunday we ended up with over 320euro which Jose also took along with the
sales figures.

Jose can you post the sales figures here and confirm the amount you're
transferring to e.v.?

Saturday party:
I booked the first floor of La Paon again in Grand Place.  No sponsors this
year so I took 20euro off everyone who attended.  My guess of 200euro worth
of finger food seemed to work very well.  We had 22 people pay for food,
less than last year I think which is to be expected since it was charged
for.  After food was served I used the extra money to buy an additional
couple of beers for everyone.

We had three talks in the Desktop room (more than any other project I
think) which were well received, KDE neon, WikiToLearn and CMakeDaemon.

A telegram group was useful to keep in contact with people throughout the
weekend.

Much beer was consumed which I think we can call a success.

Jonathan