[kde-community] finding a clear vision for KDE - an alternative draft for discussion

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Feb 9 22:00:52 GMT 2016

On Tuesday, February 09, 2016 07:55:08 Martin Graesslin wrote:
> This was more a rhetorical question. Apparently it didn't make it through.
> I'm worried about your vision closing a path for the future. Your vision
> setting a focus on past technologies, which will result in stagnation,
> shrinking and death....

I actually don't consider normal desktop PCs, notebooks, tablets, smartphones,
smart watches etc. etc, everything that displays something, all as "past
technology" not worth putting effort into it.

Even if it may not be the technology we'll have in 20 years, it is IMO still
worth putting work into it, e.g. all Android-devices, for the next few years.

Alex