[kde-community] finding a clear vision for KDE - first draft for discussion

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Fri Feb 5 16:00:28 GMT 2016

On Wednesday 03 February 2016 10:10:27 Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> The first draft reads as follows:
> "KDE, through the creation of Free software,

"through the creation of Free software" sounds like (part of) a mission
statement to me. I'd leave it out of the vision statement.

> enables users

IMO "users" is too technical as term for a vision. I suggest to replace it
with "everyone".

> to control their digital life.

I like this.

> KDE software enables privacy,

Yes!

> makes simple things easy and complex scenarios possible

To me this sounds very not-saying-anything in a complicated way. Also, I think
it superfluous because it's already contained in "enables [...] to control
their digital life".

> while crossing device boundaries."

While it may be nice to mention this it's probably better moved to the mission
statement.

So, how about
"KDE enables everyone to control their digital life without compromising their
privacy."

Regards,
Ingo