[kde-community] Updating list of Applications offered by the KDE community -- time sensitive

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Mon Dec 7 02:38:17 GMT 2015

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 3:19 AM, Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello folks, Nicolas had the excellent idea to improve the
> Applications part of the front page of our site, https://www.kde.org.
> Many if not most of the screenshots are out-of-date, which gives an
> inaccurate view to the casual visitor about our applications. He wants
> to mentor GCi students to take screenshots of our current software
> instead.
>
> I offered to help prune the list of applications, since many are
> out-dated (as in dead), but we've run into a snag: the list is huge!
> Please pitch in and add notes to the list, so that Nicolas can mentor
> these tasks for GCi:
>
> https://notes.kde.org/p/kdeorg-app-list-review
>
> GCi rolls out in ~15 hours by my reckoning, so the sooner we get the
> information, the better.

Hi Valorie!
Thanks for looking into this.

Since we're talking about KDE Applications, I suggest considering as
alive, by default, all of the applications released there:
http://download.kde.org/unstable/applications/15.11.90/src/

Also there's some tasks that could be done in bulk, like updating the
icons to the Breeze style, which is the one we default to now:
https://github.com/NitruxSA/breeze-icon-theme/tree/master/Breeze/apps/48

Likewise, taking new screenshots for any of the applications but using
Breeze's look and feel would also be helpful.

Hope this helps,
Aleix