[kde-community] GCi start is beginning soon: Dec. 7

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 23:29:01 GMT 2015

Hey,....

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 3:36 AM, Boudhayan Gupta <bgupta at kde.org> wrote:
> On 1 December 2015 at 08:46, Valorie Zimmerman
> <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> As of right now, we have 44 tasks. That is about 130 fewer than
>> Staphanie recommends. We've never fallen short before, and I believe
>> that we won't this time either. But without Freenode for the past few
>> days, I feel very out-of-touch with our community. We have to step up,
>> and soon.
>
> I added 5 tasks last night, but we're still about 31 short of the
> minimum. The tasks that I added are mostly outreach type (though one
> involves testing Spectacle on HiDPI screens).
>
> I've got *some* ideas:
>
> * Startup chime for Breeze - Breeze guys would need to mentor.

Breeze folks, if you like this idea, step up please.

> * Test Plasma on Wayland - I would have added it but I'm not sure how
> much time mgraesslin has to mentor.

That is up to Martin for sure.

> * I still want to add a bunch of tasks to improve api documentation
> but I'm not sure how best to divide the whole thing into tasks.

Please discuss this with Andreas -- perhaps you two can co-mentor this?

> valorie: We miss you over at Freenode. Are servers near you down or something?
>
> -- Boudhayan

I'm going nuts without my IRC fix. I can log into the bnc, but get
only constant connect/disconnect status messages. Logging in directly
worked a couple of times, but within the hour I was thrown off. The
round-robin irc.freenode.org connection isn't working, nor hooking
directly up to a server. For now, I make do with Telegram.
https://telegram.me/Valoriez

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez